PACK SHOE BOXES, CHANGE LIVES!
Operation Christmas Child (Samaritan's Purse) - 2016 LWAB York Region North Holiday Charity Give Back Initiative
At Life With A Baby we are in the SPIRIT OF GIVING this holiday season! Each year I try to organize some type of GIVE BACK initiative from our Charity to another. This year I am excited to announce that we have selected OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD (Samaritan's Purse) as our charity of choice.
PLEASE REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE AND FILL A SHOE BOX!
MY GOAL IS THAT WE FILL ALL 25 BOXES I received!!! NATIONAL COLLECTION WEEK IS THE WEEK OF Nov 14th - Nov 20th. I would like to ask that everyone have their boxes to me no later than FRIDAY NOVEMBER 18th so that I can collect them all and deliver.
You can start collecting your items now! And if you have a shoe box at home, that works too!!! If you prefer to drop off your items and I can pack your box for you (or you can pack it when you arrive to drop off), that fine too! I have the boxes ready for porch pick up if you message me I can provide my address to come and grab one.
WHAT TO PACK IN A BOX?
Fill your shoebox with a well-balanced variety of items from the following categories:
- School Supplies - Items such as pens, pencils, pencil crayons, note pads, and picture books
- Hygiene Items - Items such as: facecloth, toothbrush, comb, and soap. Please place soap in a sealable bag
- Toys & Other Gifts - Items such as: stuffed animals, small musical instruments, hair clips, toy jewelry, t-shirts, and socks
- Personal Note - Include a personal note and/or a photo in your shoebox (not inside the donation envelope)
A list of suggested items is here and how to pack a shoe box. It's super easy to pack a box and you might actually have some items already at home to fill a box! A $7 donation per box is also requested by Samaritan's Purse to help cover the cost of delivery of the boxes to the children in need. Please ensure to do that donation online or include with your box (via chq).
Shoebox labels: **be sure to label your box!
BOX DROP OFF OPTIONS:
- at Connie's house (located in mount albert). Please email email@example.com for address or call 416 885 9709
- at an upcoming LWAB York Region North Play date. See the calendar for upcoming play dates and feel free to bring your contribution to Connie there i.e. Halloween Party, BF Cafe, Mind Snugglers, etc.
- @ The Play Lounge in Newmarket
- at another participating drop off location. see them all here. Here are a few of them locally:
Valley View Alliance Church
800 Davis Dr
La-z-boy Furniture Galleries
181 Green Lane East
You may also call 1-800-303-1269
7-40 Englehard Dr
DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Decks of standard playing cards (other card games such as UNO are allowed)
- Food or candy: Including gum (due to customs regulations)
- Used items (due to customs regulations)
- Toothpaste (due to customs regulations)
- Liquids or items that could leak, melt, freeze, or break - Shampoo, creams, lip balm, bath gels, mirrors, or glass, etc. (these can damage other items in the shoebox).
- Items that can scare or harm a child - War-related toys, knives, and toy guns, etc.
For more information on the program, please see www.samaritanspurse.ca
If you have any questions about this event, please contact the organizer, Connie, 416 885 9709