This is a hatha flow series of classes, available a few times a year, for mothers regardless of how long postpartum they are.
– ideal for new mothers up to the first four to six months postpartum
– mothers with little or no previous yoga experience
– mothers unable to attend a regular yoga class due to injuries or other conditions
– mothers who have been diagnosed with diastasis recti or core/ pelvic floor dysfunction
Five Week Series
Over the series, the following will be covered through a progressive yoga sequence:
– Understanding core and pelvic floor dysfunction
– Breath and pelvic floor awareness
– Core awareness and strengthening
– Movements and poses to avoid
– Appropriate modifications of poses, including use of props
– Self-massage techniques
Please read more about the class at http://harmonyoga.ca/yoga-class-descriptions/postnatal-yoga/
Whilst babies are welcome, the focus will be on yoga for moms, and baby yoga or partner yoga poses may not be included. Babies from 6 weeks and not actively crawling are welcomed.
This is the ideal first class for new mothers to begin physical activity after birth. Poses will help mom recover and reconnect to the core and address changes in the pelvic floor, slowly rebuilding strength and flexibility as well as soothing muscles from nursing and caring for baby. You will work on releasing and opening in the body, and learn self-massage techniques - the focus is on YOU and self-care.
Whilst babies are welcome, the focus will be on yoga for moms, and baby yoga or partner yoga poses may not be included. If you are interested in an energizing and interactive mom and baby yoga class, please check out the Yoga for Mom and Baby class.
Note: During the class, moms may stop to feed or soothe baby and rejoin the practice when it is possible and comfortable to do so.
Babies from 6 weeks old and not actively crawling are welcome. Previous yoga experience is not necessary.
Investment: $60+HST for the five week series
Please register on the harmonyoga.ca website
- 20% discount for LWAB members for online pre-payment. Register here first via LWAB to receive the discount code.
- Cost will be pro-rated if there is space and you register after the start of the session. Please register on the harmonyoga.ca website
by clicking on the class date you want to start on
- Single classes available at $17+HST per class, space permitting. Please register for the specific class(es) you want to attend.
- No refunds for missed classes
- Walk-ins available at $20 +HST per class
- Makeups by prior arrangement only and subject to availability
For this location, there is limited space. Please do not drop in without confirming that there is space, to avoid being turned away at the door.
What to bring
Bring a yoga mat, water, blanket and quiet toys for baby. If you do not have a mat, or forget yours, you can rent one directly from Yoga Tree.
There is NO SPACE for strollers at all, so please leave yours in the car.
If this will be the first time you've attended (any) class at Yoga Tree, please arrive 10 minutes early in order to complete and sign their waiver form.
Please DO NOT CALL Yoga Tree for info, registration issues, cancellations etc.
E-RYT-200 (Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance)