There are plenty of reasons to cry. They don’t need to be listed because you already know, plus, they’re different for everyone.
But sometimes these days, you just have to laugh.
You may laugh at the absurdity of it all. Catch a glimpse of your ‘interesting’ work-from-home outfit in the mirror. Maybe, thanks to an ill-timed pass, your coworkers now know what your spouse looks like in their robe. It could be because your grocery cart is 50% potato chips. Perhaps, it’s the aggressive quest by your grey hairs to be respected at last. Or, it could be because you’ve been immortalized as a potato, like our friend on the left. Legendary.
We don’t have the answers, and we certainly don’t know what to do much of the time, especially when hit with more bad news. Despite it, I invite you to look for reasons to laugh. Laugh until you cry and back again. Laugh big, often and from your gut because laughter has the power to heal like nothing else.
🧡 To our healthcare workers, for your tireless efforts and sacrifice, thank you.
🌟Enter to W I N🌟
No movie theatre, no problem! Our friends at Inventive Minds Child, Youth and Family Support Centre are giving away a Vankyo Multimedia Portable Projector Prize Pack to recreate family movie night at home!
The prize pack includes:
⭐ Multimedia Projector
⭐ Handy carrying case
⭐ YLife 120 inch Projector Screen
⭐ Mounting materials
Here’s how to enter for your chance to win:
🎈Head over to Instagram and follow @inventivekidz
💙Like this post
💬Comment on the post with your favourite at-home Family Night activity
@ Tag a friend
🌟Bonus: Score an extra entry by repeating the steps on the Inventive Minds Child, Youth and Family Support Centre Facebook page!
The winner will be drawn at random and announced on April 30th, 2020 - so you’ve got until April 29th at midnight to enter! Good luck🤞
Weekly Parent Connection Online Thursday, April 23 11AM EDT
Calling all parents. Join Heather Boyd, for weekly online meetings to discuss parenting, discipline, child development and attachment in these novel times. This is very kid-friendly! If you need to tune in with your children you can - we will love seeing them! Register here
Mobile Meetup Friday, April 24 at 3:30PM EDT
Are you feeling Isolated? Join us for an online chat. Think of it as a coffee date, but from the comfort of your own home, or comfortable space. Grab a cup of tea or coffee, and log in to the video chat with other parents in a casual atmosphere. Register here
Mommy & Me Fitness Online ONGOING
It doesn't matter if you are 6 weeks, 6 months or 6 years postpartum - this workout is for you! Register here.
Missed a virtual event?
Here are links to past videos:
- Getting through the work week is…..a challenge. TED Talks of course always has great informative and motivational videos available and they’ve created a playlist to help us all manage both now, and later. Check it out
Though they may have been thinking about it, some preteens and teens have really just started asking questions or expressing feelings about what’s going on, out loud. Some younger children are now beginning to show some signs of worry, fear or sadness. For tips for talking about those feelings, Very Well Mind this great article: How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Wish you could get a refresher on subjects now that you’re a teacher? Lucky for all of us, Crash Course has hundreds of quick and easy videos to give you just the brush up you need to teach history by this afternoon. We won’t tell. Oh, and you can use these with or for the kids too.
This One’s For the Kids
- Get those wiggles out!Go Noodle is a free service providing movement and mindfulness video games.
- If the kids (or you) are getting tired of the same old rudimentary colouring pages, visit Open Culture for access to hundreds of free downloadable colouring pages and books from world-class libraries and museums.
- The International Children's Digital Library provides free access to an enormous collection of books for ages 3 to 13. Titles come from around the world in many languages, including Dutch, Farsi, English, Arabic and many more! Start browsing here.
- Daily Hive has put together a fun video: “8 Fun Toddler Activities During Self Isolation”. It is useful, and adorable.
Just for Fun
Connect With Us!