Checking in on how our families and we are doing is now a natural and regular occurrence. I’m finding staying strong is our fresh challenge. I think the entire world is asking: can we stay the course and persevere? One of the hardest things to do is carry on when you can’t see how the story ends.
We’re discovering the power of quiet strength. Showing strength isn’t as much about grand feats of force or might, but in the small, sometimes imperceptible actions that show stamina, courage and resilience. There is strength in kindness, patience, tenderness, empathy and understanding. Vulnerability and seeking the help we need is powerful. There is strength in letting go.
Flexing those physical and mental muscles feels good. They also need to rest and recover, especially when they’ve been firing on full blast. Give yourself permission to let others be strong for you, too. You are strong. You’ll be even stronger tomorrow.
🧡 To the grocery, delivery, and food service workers - we thank you for keeping us all going.
Business Owners In Canada: Navigating Covid-19 Economic Volatility & Government Relief Programs ONTARIO ONLY Wednesday, April 29 7PM EDT and Thursday, April 30 2PM EDT
At this webinar, IG Wealth Management will discuss foundational investment principles that are important to your long-term financial well-being, both as a business owner and personally. They will also share deeper context into the Federal Government’s recently announced economic support measures for individuals and businesses.Register here
Mobile Meetup Friday, May 1 at 3:30PM EDT
Are you feeling Isolated? Join us for an online chat. Think of it as a coffee date, but from the comfort of your own home, or comfortable space. Grab a cup of tea or coffee, and log in to the video chat with other parents in a casual atmosphere. Register here
Weekly Parent Connection Online Thursday, May 7 11AM EDT
Calling all parents. Join Heather Boyd, for weekly online meetings to discuss parenting, discipline, child development and attachment in these novel times. This is very kid-friendly! If you need to tune in with your children you can - we will love seeing them! Register here
Mommy & Me Fitness Online ONGOING
It doesn't matter if you are 6 weeks, 6 months or 6 years postpartum - this workout is for you! Register here.
Missed a virtual event?
Here are links to past videos:
- Physical strength is vital, mental fortitude is too. Taking some time to strengthen our mental muscles can help it to kick when you need it most. Psychology Today has put together a few mental strength exercises you can do in just 5 minutes.
- You’ve probably tried to work out on your own only to have the kids arrive right at the point when you’re halfway into a set of burpees. As they say, if you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em. Here at 12 At-Home Workouts to Do With Your Kids.
- Maintaining some sense of normalcy as you work from home is tough, right? Finding a balance between all-day PJs and wearing a suit and tie is a daily internal fight. The mental tax of figuring out an overall balance is even higher. Try these psychological tricks to help.
- Clearly, we’re all using any and all platforms as sources of much-needed entertainment. However, these can strain our wallets. Here’s a listing of free streaming services to try. As a bonus, many feature some old classics you can fall in love with all over again!
This One’s For the Kids
- LEGO is hosting weekly live shows Tuesdays at 11am ET / 4pm GMT where kids can create alongside a Master Model Builder! Head over to their Instagram page @lego to catch the show and find lots of other fun stuff too.
- The Built By Kids tagline is “empowering our kids who will build our future.” Sounds like a plan! The site has a range of DIY projects that teach necessary skills. They’ve got projects such as fixing toys and equipment like a scooter, simple cooking tasks, and useful crafts and general problem-solving knowledge like “how to pick the best campsite for your family” (very handy for when isolation is over). Now sit back and wait to be helped at every turn by your very efficient children!
- As always, public libraries are here to save us all. Nearly every municipal library system has implemented weekly or daily online programming for kids. From storytimes, to circle times, to sing-alongs, to book lists, to scavenger hunts, our beloved librarians have us covered. Visit your local library's website to find information and schedules.
- Have a budding creative on your hands? Try these 50 crafts and activities. The next challenge will be finding the space to display the new masterpieces : )
Just for Fun
This might make you cry a bit but with pure joy ; ) Click here or on the pic to watch the video.
Connect With Us!